Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET-2016)
Admission for Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.) – 2016
Test Date: 16-05-2016
Timings: 10.00 AM to 12.30 P.M.
Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET-2016) for the year 2016 will be conducted by Andhra University,
Visakhapatnam, in accordance with G.O.Ms.No.25 Higher Education Dept dt: 19-03-2004 & amendments, for admissions into first
year MBA and MCA courses offered in Universities and Professional colleges in Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2016-17.
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for APICET-2016 may submit their applications through online mode. The Registration
fee of Rs.350/- may be paid towards the application registration and processing fee through A.P .online centres or through Payment
gateway (Credit card / Debit card/ Net banking). The detailed information regarding the eligibility, syllabus and model Question
paper, Test centres, related instructions and procedures for online Submission of Applications are available on the websites
www.apicet.net.in, www.apsche.org and www.andhrauniversity.edu.in
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
a) The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh State Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended up to date (as per G.O. Ms. No. 25, dated: 19.03.2004 &
G.O.Ms.No.108, dated 3-7-2005,Higher Education Department, dated 30-7-2005 and its amendments).
b) The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned
c) The candidates seeking admission
i) For MBA: Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree Examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
ii) For MCA: Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
d) The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
e) The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for APICET-2016.
f) Admission into any college depends on its Recognition/Affiliation by the Statutory Bodies.
g) Qualifying marks in APICET-2016 is 25% and no minimum marks are prescribed for SC/ST candidates.
Mere qualification in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to find admission into MBA/MCA course unless the candidate:
(i) appears for Counseling at the notified Centers
(ii) applies in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned (for part-time\evening\distance mode)
(iii) satisfies all the eligibility criteria for admission as stipulated by the authority concerned.
SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATIONS:
APICET-16 Applications should be submitted through online mode only. The Registration fee for online submission and late fee, if applicable, may be paid at AP online Centers in Andhra Pradesh and also through payment gateway (Credit card / Debit card/Net
ONLINE APPLICATION FEE: Rs. 350/-
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION
Date of Commencement of Submission of Online Applications
Section-A: Analytical Ability: 75Q (75 Marks)
1. Data Sufficiency: 20Q (20 Marks) A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii. If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the
correct answer. If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
2. Problem Solving 55Q (55 Marks)
a) Sequences and Series 25Q (25 Marks) Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
b) Data Analysis 10Q (10 Marks) The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
c) Coding and Decoding Problems 10Q (10 Marks) A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems 10Q (10 Marks) Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section -B: Mathematical Ability 75Q (75 Marks)
1. Arithmetical Ability 35Q (35 Marks) Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
2. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability 30Q (30 Marks) Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms. Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
3. Statistical Ability: 10Q (10 Marks) Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviations, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C: Communication Ability: 50Q (50 Marks)
Objectives of the Test Candidates will be assessed on the ability to
1. identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
2. understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in the business contexts.
3. identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
4. understand written text and drawing inferences.
Part 1. Vocabulary 10Q (10M)
Part 2. Business and Computer terminology 10Q (10M)
Part 3. Functional Grammar 15Q (15M)
Part 4. Reading Comprehension (3 Passages) 15Q (15M)
GENERAL INFORMATION: The test is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess his/her aptitude for admission into MBA/MCA programme. The Test emphasizes accuracy. Therefore, the candidate is required to go through the instructions carefully. This is an objective type test and the questions are of multiple choice. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the Candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
PATTERN OF THE TEST: The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each in the following topics.
REGIONAL TEST CENTERS:
The APICET-2015 examination will be held at the following 16 Regional Test Centers in Andhra Pradesh State
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here