ADMISSION FOR MCA – 2016
Date of Examination: 01.05.2016 (Sunday)Timing : 12.00 p.m. – 02.00 p.m
Any graduate with mathematics as one of the main or subsidiary subjects or graduate in Electronics/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/Engg./Technology with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than Languages and Humanities.
Exam Pattern :
The aptitude Test for MCA (Test 501) comprises 150 objective type questions designed to Test the aptitude and capability of an applicant for pursuing the M.C.A programme. About 50% of the questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. subsidiary level Mathematics while the remaining questions will be to test the ability of the candidate in logical reasoning based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding etc. Applicants for MCA, irrespective of whether or not they are applicants for any other programme, have to necessarily take the Test 501.
About 50% of the Questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. level Mathematics while the remaining Questions will be to test the ability of the Candidate in Logical Reasoning based on Pictures, Geometrical figures, Patterns of Words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic Decoding etc.
Application Fees :
for General Category Candidates Rs.1000/-
for SC/ST Category. Rs.500/-
for candidates who apply under NRI Quota Rs.6000/-
How to apply :
1. Candidates should apply on-line and make the fee payment on or before the last dates prescribed.
2. On-line applications shall be submitted only through the web site www.cusat.nic.in
3 Steps for on-line application:
(a) Creating a login ID – Login to the web site www.cusat.nic.in .Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidates name, date of birth & age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate. Use a VALID E-mail ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent. Choose a User Name of your choice with at least 6 characters using alphabets and/or numbers only. Do write down the approved user name. Choose the correct options out of the 3 options given in the login creation page. Read the following guide lines for choosing the correct option:
(b) The second option “Lateral Entry “is only for engineering diploma holders who are applying to the third semester of B Tech.
(c) The Third option “International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers” is for those who are applying for seats reserved for foreign citizens/Children of Indian Gulf Workers.
(d) The first option “Indian & NRI” is for all Indian Citizens including NRI candidates except for those mentioned in the second and third option.
4. NOTE THAT THE E-MAIL ID & MOBILE NUMBER US ED FOR LOGIN CREATION WILL BE KNOWN AS THE REGISTERED E-MAIL ID/MOBILE NUMBER AND ALL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE S ENT TO THE S AME ONLY. THEREFORE CANDIDATES ARE ADVIS ED TO WRITE DOWN THE US ER ID AND PAS S WORD OF THEIR E-MAIL AND US E ONLY THE MOBILE NUMBER IN THEIR CUS TODY AND KEEP THE S AME ACTIVE TILL THE END OF ADMISSION PROCEDURES.
5. A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered E-mail ID and mobile number of the candidate. Candidate should login to the site www.cusat.nic.in for the first time using this password and change the password immediately. CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED FURTHER IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE WITHOUT THE USER NAME AND PAS SWORD. HENCE CANDIDATES S HOULD WRITE DOWN AND S ECURE THE S AME TILL THE END OF ADMISSION PROCESS.
6. Login again using the user ID and Password and select the correct option from the 3 options listed on the left top corner and proceed
till final submission following the instructions that appear on the screen.
7. Payment of fee is possible only two working days after the on-line submission of application.
8. There are three options for payment of fee:
Option 1: Download and print the chalan form of SBI or SBT from the home page of the candidate and present the same to any SBI branch or SBT branch (do not use SBI chalan at SBT counter and vice-versa) and make the payment at the bank counter.
Option 2: This option can be exercised through any bank account in SBT or SBI with internet banking facility. Take a printout of the chalan of the bank (SBI or SBT as the case may be) through which on-line payment is to be m ade. Log-in to the on-line banking page. Click the link “ Third Party Transfer “and select the option “ Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)”. Enter the “Fee Type” as entered in the chalan and submit. Enter y our date of birth as “ Validation
Date “and register number as “ Fee Reference Number” both of which are printed in the chalan form.
Option 3: Log in to the home page of the Candidate. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed. In this m ode, paym ent can be m ade either by using credit/debit card or through internet banking.
9. There is no need of submitting any details of the fee payment on-line. BUT THREE WORKING DAYS AFTER THE PAYM ENT OF FEES THE CANIDATES M UST MAKE SURE THAT THE “APPLICATION STATUS” IS “CONFIRMED” AND SHOULD TAKE A PRINT OUT OF THE “CONFIRMATION PAGE”, which shall be signed by the candidate and parent and retained by the candidate. The same shall be kept in hand by the candidate for producing the same on demand during the time of Test/Interview/Group Discussion / Counseling / Admission. The confirmation page is the proof of successful submission of application.
10. Those who are applying for different programmes like M Sc. and/or M BA and/or M Tech may submit the application one by one by logging in each time with the same user name and password. One fee payment is sufficient for all the programmes.
11. Candidates who intend to apply for Later Entry to B Tech and any other programme/s shall submit two separate applications; one for
B Tech (lateral entry) and one for other programmes. Separate application fee payment is required for each such application.
12. If by any chance the confirmation is not received after 3 days from the date of payment, it should be brought to the notice of the
IRAA Unit of CUSAT immediately.
13. After the final on-line submission further modifications are NOT possible and all further procedures will be absolutely based on the
inputs given by the candidate during on-line submission. Therefore the candidate alone will be responsible for loss of any chance or candidature by way of wrong entries.
14. No documents need be sent to the University by post unless otherwise demanded except for the candidates applying on the basis of
GATE Score or any M anagement Aptitude Test who shall email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to email@example.com on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
15. Information of general nature shall be published in the web site www.cusat.nic.in and individual communications will be available in the home page of the candidate. Candidates must login to their home page on a regular basis and follow the instructions given
therein without fail.
16. No enquiry regarding lost/forgotten password or user ID or mobile number or E M ail ID will be entertained.
17. Admission related enquiries may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact over the telephone numbers 0484- 2577159 / 0484-2577100
IMPORTANT DATE :
20.01.2016 to 15.02.2016
Test Date (Aptitude Test for M.C.A)
Downloading the Admit Card – from the website www..cusat.nic.in
15.04.2016 to 01.05.2016
For Notification : Click here
For More detail : Click here
For Previous Year Question Paper & Solution, Click here