ADMISSION FOR MCA – 2017
Date of Examination: 29.04.2017 (SATURDAY)Timing : 12.00 p.m. – 02.00 p.m
Any graduate with mathematics as one of the main or subsidiary subjects or graduate in Electronics/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/Engg./Technology with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than Languages and Humanities.
Exam Pattern :
The aptitude Test for MCA (Test 501) comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test the aptitude and capability of an applicant for pursuing the M.C.A programme. About 50% of the questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. subsidiary level Mathematics while the remaining questions will be to test the ability of the candidate in logical reasoning based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding etc.
Application Fees :
for General Category Candidates Rs.1000/-
for SC/ST Category. Rs.500/-
for candidates who apply under NRI Quota Rs.6000/-
How to apply :
1. Candidates should apply on-line, make fee payment and complete all the required steps on or before the last dates prescribed for each.
2. On-line applications shall be submitted only through the web site www.cusat.nic.in. No hard copies shall be sent to the University by post.
3 Steps for on-line application:
(a) Creating login ID – Open the web site www.cusat.nic.in. Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidates name, date of birth and age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate. Provide a VALID e-mail ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent. This email ID will be the user name for further login. Choose the correct options out of the 2 options given in the login creation page. Read the following guide lines for choosing the correct option:
(b) The first option “Online Registration Indian Citizens /NRI” is for all Indian Citizens applying for non-NRI seats or for both non-NRI and NRI seats.
(c) The Second option “International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers” is for those who are applying for seats reserved for foreign citizens or seats reserved for Children of Indian Gulf Workers
4. Note that the e-mail id and mobile number used for login creation will be known as the registered e-mail id/mobile number and all communications will be sent to the same only. Therefore candidates are advised to write down the user id and password of their registered e-mail and provide only the mobile number which is always available in their custody and keep the same active till the end of admission procedures.
5.A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered E-mail ID and mobile number of the candidate. Candidate should login to the site www.cusat.nic.in for the first time using this password and change the password immediately. CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED FURTHER IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE WITHOUT THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD. HENCE CANDIDATES SHOULD WRITE DOWN AND SECURE THE SAME TILL THE END OF ADMISSION PROCESS. Click on the link provided and proceed following the instructions that appear on the screen till final submission of the application
6. From Second time onwards the candidate can login using the user ID (e-mail) and the newly created Password.
7. For payment of fee Login to the home page of the Candidate. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed. Payment can be made either by using credit/debit card or through net banking
8. Those who are applying for different programmes like M Sc. and/or MBA and/or M Tech may submit the application one by one by logging in each time with the same user name and password. A single application fee is sufficient for such cases.
9. If by any chance the confirmation is not received after 2 working days from the date of payment, it should be brought to the notice of the IRAA Unit of CUSAT immediately by sending an e-mail to email@example.com showing the details.
10. After the final on-line submission further modifications are NOT possible and all further procedures will be absolutely based on the inputs given by the candidate during on-line application submission. Therefore the candidate alone will be responsible for loss of any chance or candidature by way of wrong entries.
11. Candidates who have applied for any seat reservations/seat quota/fee concession etc. on the basis of Non-Creamy Layer Certificate, Community Certificate, Income Certificate etc. must upload such certificates during the time of online application submission failing which they shall be considered as not eligible for such reservations/concessions etc.
12. Candidates applying on the basis of GATE Score or any Management Aptitude Test shall email a soft copy of their Score Sheet/Mark List to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the final date for on-line submission of application.
13. Information of general nature shall be published in the web site cusat.nic.in and individual communications will be available in the home page of the candidate. Candidates must login to their home page on a regular basis and follow the instructions given therein without fail.
14. No enquiry regarding lost/forgotten password or user ID or mobile number or emailID will be entertained
15. Admission related enquiries may be mailed to email@example.com or may be made over the telephone numbers 0484- 2577159 / 0484-2577100
IMPORTANT DATE :
Commencement of Online Registration
Test Date (Aptitude Test for M.C.A)
Downloading the Admit Card
15/04/2017 to 30/04/2017
For More detail : Click here
For Previous Year Question Paper & Solution, Click here