ADMISSION FOR MCA - 2015
Date of Examination: 03.05.2015 (Sunday)Timing : 12.00 p.m. - 02.00 p.mEligibility : Any graduate with mathematics as one of the main or subsidiary subjects or graduate in Electronics/ Computer Science/Computer Applications/Engg./Technology with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than Languages and Humanities. Exam Pattern : The aptitude Test for MCA (Test 501) comprises 150 objective type questions designed to Test the aptitude and capability of an applicant for pursuing the M.C.A programme. About 50% of the questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. subsidiary level Mathematics while the remaining questions will be to test the ability of the candidate in logical reasoning based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding etc. Applicants for MCA, irrespective of whether or not they are applicants for any other programme, have to necessarily take the Test 501. Syllabus : About 50% of the Questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. level Mathematics while the remaining Questions will be to test the ability of the Candidate in Logical Reasoning based on Pictures, Geometrical figures, Patterns of Words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic Decoding etc. Application Fees :
for General Category Candidates Rs.1000/-
for SC/ST Category. Rs.500/-
for candidates who apply under NRI Quota Rs.6000/-How to apply :
- Candidates are advised to read carefully all information published in the web site http://cusat.ac.in or http://cusat.nic.in before submitting online application.
- The online application submission is a two-stage process.
- In the first stage the candidate should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, emailid, mobile phone no, etc correctly so as to get their user-id and password by SMS/email.
- In the second stage the candidate should login using this user-id and password. Immediately they will be asked to change their password. Now submit all other details required in the online registration form and upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB and signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB)
- Please note that once the application is confirmed by pressing the CONFIRM button, no further changes are possible.
- In the chalan payment mode, choose your bank first and then take printout of the chalan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the chalan form before leaving the bank. Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose “Payments/Transfers”. Choose “Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your chalan and then click “Submit” button. In the “Validation Date” box enter your date of birth as printed in the chalan. In the “Fee Reference No” box, enter your registration no as printed in the chalan. Then click “confirm” button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
- After completing the registration process you should logout.
- Do not send any document in original or copy to the University, unless otherwise specifically requested for.
- You should check your application status after two working days from the date of payment of fee. If your application is approved, you should take printout of the application confirmation page from the web site.
- If the application submitted by the candidate is not approved within the time, the candidate should take necessary action as indicated in the status page.
- Candidates for MBA/M.Tech programmes who are awaiting results of CMAT/ MAT/CAT (IIM) or GATE can apply online during the extended period also ie from 01-03-2015 to 30-04-2015.
- Kindly note that once you give your present educational qualifications you will be shown all the programmes for which you are eligible to apply. You can add as many programmes as you like to the box on the right side of the form. You can also remove the selected courses, if you wish.
- The registration number should be quoted in all communications with the University.
- Claims/Requests for benefits under any reservations (Communal Reservation/ Special Reservations etc.) other than what has been indicated by the candidate in the CAT 2015 online application, will not be considered at the time of counselling/admission.
- The University reserves the right to add, delete or amend any of the stipulations regarding the reservation criteria, eligibility, intake, specialization, type of programmes, rules, regulations, fee structure etc. at any time without any notice and this will be binding on the candidates seeking admission.
- Remember, the registration number, date of birth, email-id, mobile phone no, user-id, password etc are vital information to be kept confidentially by the candidate for future use.
05.01.2015 to 24.01.2015
Test Date (Aptitude Test for M.C.A)
Downloading the Admit Card – from the website www..cusat.nic.in
20.04.2015 to 03.05.2015