ADMISSION FOR MCA - 2016
Date of test : 27 March 2016 (Sunday)Eligibility Criteria for appearing to MAH-MCA-CET 2016 :
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria: (i) The candidate should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed minimum three year duration Bachelors Degree awarded by University recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only); (iii) Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level examination; (iv) For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science); (Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET) Note: Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
Instructions for Registration for MAH-MCA-CET 2016 by candidate :
- MAH–MCA-CET 2016 shall be conducted only in the ONLINE mode in multiple sessions at all examination centers which will include multiple choice objective type questions (MCQs), using standardized equi-percentile method, will be equating scores across sessions. The question paper for the CET will be set in English only. Translations in any other languages will not be available.
- The Online CET would be comprised of two online papers viz. General Aptitude (GA) and Computer Concepts (CC) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions
- Note that MAH–MCA-CET 2016 will have negative mark system. Each correct answer will carry 4 marks. Each wrong answer will carry 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
- It should be noted that no documents are required to be submitted at this stage.
- Application form processing fees as stated below is to be paid through Online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. Fees paid is non refundable. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
For all candidates from Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State and J & K Migrant candidates
For Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJDT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] & Persons with Disability Candidates.
- Applications sent by Post/Courier etc will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be made.
The questions in this paper will cover: logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability. A good grasp of the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th standard) will be useful:
Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Co-ordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
Differential Equations : Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Trigonometry : Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
Arithmetic : Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
Basic Set Theory and Functions : Set, relations and mappings.
Mensuration : areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Computer Concepts :
Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
Computer Architecture : Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I /O devices, interrupts.
Computer Language : Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
Operating System basics : Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems.
Schedule of Activities :
General Instructions: :1. The Candidate has to fill the Online Application Form and confirm application by doing the payment for CET through candidate login by himself/herself from the place convenient to him/her. 2. The schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2016.
For Previous year Question paper & Solutions, Click here