Please read the following instructions carefully before you fill-in on-line application form
1. Before you start filling-in the on-line application form, keep the following documents ready for uploading.
(a) Scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph (alternatively, get a digital passport size photograph) and
(b) scanned copy of your signature.
Separate files should be created for the scanned photograph, scanned signature in appropriate format (.jpeg, .png only). Maximum size of photograph file, signature file, are 30 KB and 10 KB respectively.
Further, you should keep ready the e-receipt of State Bank Collect paid as per the instructions given in section 5.0 and enter the details of e-receipt in the space provided for, in the online application form.
2.Use a Java script enabled browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above).
3. Type the URL: http://nimcet2014.nita.ac.in on your browser to get to home page of NIMCET-2014.
4. “Login” tab is provided in the right panel of the home page. Initially, press “New User”. Then “Instructions for filling Online form of application” appears on the screen. After reading these instructions, press “Register” button provided at bottom of the webpage. Type your name (as given in your class SSC or 10th or equivalent certificate), email, username (choose the username not less than six alpha-numeric characters with first two and last two characters as alphabets. Special characters are not allowed) and password of at least six alpha-numeric characters. Special characters are not allowed in the password. The entries made here will be used in subsequent pages. After pressing “Submit” button, it takes you to Login page (i.e. home page). You can change your password any number of times.
5. The fields marked with red star are mandatory, fill all such fields; otherwise, you will not be allowed to save the data entered.
6. Creation of online login for new user will not be permitted after 3th April, 2014 (5.00 pm) IST.
7. Candidates have to remember their login, password, security questions and answers, e-mail id entered in the application till the end of NIMCET-2014 process.
8. Candidates will not be allowed to create multiple user logins.
9. Enter Username and Password in the space provided for in right panel of the home page.
10. In the next page, press “apply” button, to fill Personal Information. Upload the photograph file and the signature file by clicking “Choose File” and then selecting the corresponding file.
11. Fill-in all the three choices of examination centres in order of priority using drag-down menu. (An opted centre may be cancelled, if sufficient number of candidates do not opt it.)
NIMCET 2014 – 14 –
For any candidate, if all the selected choices of Centres are cancelled/not available, then a Centre nearest to the first choice will be allotted to that candidate.
12. Then press “save” button and then “next” button take you to enter SSC/X class marks/grades.
13. In case of grades, choose “CGPA” instead of “Percentage” in scale of marks. Then again press “save” and then next button to take you to enter 12th class/PUC marks. Then again press “save” and then next button to take you to enter Qualifying degree marks/grades.
14. Enter subject, marks/grade obtained, maximum marks/point, credits for all the subjects and all the years of the qualifying degree.
15. Enter e-receipt particulars as asked in the online application form.
16. Once all the forms i.e., Personal Information, Educational Qualifications and Payment details are completed, “View” button will appear. Press it.
17. Three pages application form will be generated with the particulars given by you. Verify it. If you wish to edit then you can do so by pressing “Edit” button.
(Note: DO NOT TAKE PRINTOUT OF THE APPLICATION BEFORE PRESSING “FINAL SUBMIT” BUTTON)
18. If you are sure that all the entries are made correct then press “Final Submit”. Once you press “Final Submit” then you can not edit any data entered. Then “Print Form” button will appear and press it.
19. Now, application form will be generated along with unique application number printed on right top corner of first page. Please note the application number for all future references and correspondence. Now take print out this generated application on A4 size paper and keep two copies with you. Verify whether all the details are correct or not.
20. Put signature in each page at the bottom and also in the space provided for in the Declaration part (3rd page). Applications without signature under declaration are considered as incomplete.
21. Do not forget to enclose e-receipt with the generated application while posting it reach Secretary, NIMCET-2014 office. Applications without e-receipt will be rejected.
22. Enclose all the documents as listed in the check list (given in the next page). The completely filled-in application form along with all enclosures should be sent to
National Institute of Technology, Agartala P.O.: Former Tripura Engineering College Barjala, Jirania, TRIPURA (W) Pin: 799046.
by speed post/registered post so as to reach on or before Tuesday, 17th April, 2014 [ 5 pm]. NIMCET 2014 – 15 –
1. Check carefully the eligibility requirements of NIMCET-2014 as stated in this Information Brochure.
2. The application will be rejected if the requirements are not met. The application is liable for rejection if the dully-signed generated application form along with e-receipt of processing fee and other documents is not received by the office of NIMCET-2014 on or before Tuesday 17th April, 2014.
3. OBC candidates have to satisfy both the caste and creamy layer requirements detailed on the following National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website:
Proforma for OBC certificate along with the undertaking given in Annexure I is to be submitted.
Submit copy of OBC Certificate which is issued on or after 01-02-2014 by competent authority.
4. SC/ST category candidates and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates should use the respective Pro-forma given in Annexure II and III.
For more detail Click http://nimcet2014.nita.ac.in