ADMISSION FOR MCA – 2017
Date of Online CET : 19 March 2017 (Sunday)
Eligibility Criteria for appearing to MAH-MCA-CET 2017 :
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
(i) The candidate should be an Indian National;
(ii) Passed minimum three year duration Bachelors Degree awarded by University recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only);
(iii) Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level examination;
(iv) For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science);
(Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET)
Note: Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
Instructions for Registration for MAH-MCA-CET 2017 by candidate :
- The CET shall be conducted only in the ONLINE mode in multiple sessions, if required, by Competent Authority, using standardized equipercentile method, will be equating scores across sessions.
- The Online CET would be comprised of two online papers viz. General Aptitude (GA) and Computer Concepts (CC) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes’ duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions.
- Note that the CET will have negative mark system. Each correct answer will carry 4 marks. Each wrong answer will carry 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
- Aspiring candidates should note that, the tests are not disclosed to anybody else other than the candidates only during the examination. The test papers are also not shared with anybody even after the examination.
- It is mandatory for all aspiring candidates to Register & Confirm the Online Application Form through candidate login by himself/herself from the place convenient to him/her at http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017.
- Applications sent by Post/Courier etc., will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be made.
- It should be noted that no documents are required to be submitted at this stage. Candidates are advised to keep the necessary original documents ready for verification at the time of Document verification stage, during Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
- The schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017.
- For queries/enquiry contact CET office phone number 02230233420
For all candidates from Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State and J & K Migrant candidates
For Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJDT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] & Persons with Disability Candidates.
The Online CET would be comprised of two online papers viz. General Aptitude (GA) and Computer Concepts (CC) of 100 marks each, with composite time of 90 minutes duration. Each paper shall have 25 questions
1. General Aptitude : The main objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a computer applications and software profession.
The questions in this paper will cover: logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability. A good grasp of the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th standard) will be useful:
Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Co-ordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
Differential Equations : Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Trigonometry : Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
Arithmetic : Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
Basic Set Theory and Functions : Set, relations and mappings.
Mensuration : areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Computer Concepts :
Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
Computer Architecture : Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I /O devices, interrupts.
Computer Language : Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
Operating System basics : Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems.
Schedule of Activities :
For Previous year Question paper & Solutions, Click here