NIMCET 2016 NIT MCA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST 2016 Conducted by:- National Institute of Technology Durgapur Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur 713209,West Bengal, INDIA Phone No: 0343-2752123, Fax: 0343-2547375
Testdate:29th May 2016 (Sunday)Timings : 10.00 to 12.00
Eligibility Criteria to Appear For NIMCET-2016
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale# (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC, ST) in
(i) BSc / BSc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time*;
(ii) B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET - 2016 test. # CGPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on unitary method. $Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2016 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year 2015-16. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET-2016 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 15-09-2016, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs. *Students who have completed/completing degree BSc / BSc(Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India. Conversion from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2016 for deciding eligibility.
NIMCET Exam Pattern: NIMCET-2016 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects. Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language.
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
3. Computer Awareness
4. General English
Award of Marks Each Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to NEGATIVE ONE mark.
The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions if they are not sure of the correct answer.
No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if a question is unanswered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be negatively marked. The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet using black or blue ink ball point pen only.Qualifying Criteria for Allotment of Rank A Candidate securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks in NIMCET-2016 test will be disqualified. Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2016 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½ , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate. In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
B. Writing NIMCET-2016 TEST: Download the admit card between 16-05-2016 and 26-05-2016 at any time and write the NIMCET-2016 test which is scheduled to be conducted on 29th May 2016 (Sunday) between 10.00 A.M and 12.00 noon at various test centers listed in Table 1 of Section 10. Candidates should be present in the examination hall of the test center before 9.30 am on 29-05-2016. Syllabus and test pattern are given in this brochure.C. Choice filling and locking: Candidates satisfying eligibility (see section 2.0) and qualifying criteria (see section 15.0) will be awarded with NIMCET-2016 rank. The ranks of the eligible candidates will be announced tentatively on or before 06-06-2016. The candidates need to download the rank cards from the website. Candidates who got a rank can login and fill the choices of participating institutes in their order of preference between 10-06-2016 and 15-06-2016. They can modify these choices (or) reorder them any number of times before locking. It will not be possible to access their choices after locking. All the candidates have to lock their choices on or before 5 pm on 15-06-2016. The choices of all candidates will be automatically locked by the server at NIMCET-2016 at 5 pm on 15-06-2016. D. Online Seat Allotment and personally reporting at any remote/participating institute: Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in the order of NIMCET-2016 rank in three rounds of allotment. Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to any one of the participating institute on the dates specified in each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds. Reporting at any institute other than the allotted institute is called Remote Reporting. Remote reporting is permitted in first and second rounds of allotment only. During this reporting, all the candidates have to get their original academic documents, caste and relevant certificates verified and submit payment receipt of the initial fee Rs. 10,000/- paid through SBI-I collect only and give their option in the option form. They will also be issued a provisional admission letter. Note: Candidates, who get seats in first round of allotment and do not report at any reporting center between 22-06-2016 and 24-06-2016 between 10 A.M to 5 P.M, will be permanently deleted from the database and will not be offered any seat in subsequent rounds of allotment. Similarly, candidates who get seats only in second round (but not in first round) and do not report at any reporting center between 01-07-2016 and 02-07-2016 will be permanently deleted from the database and will not be offered any seat in the subsequent rounds of allotment. E. Getting Admitted into the Allotted Institute: After the third round of allotment, candidates are required to physically present at the latest allotted institute for admission between 14-07-2016 and 15-07-2016 and attend the classes. F. Surrendering seats by the candidates: Candidates who got seat allotted/upgraded in any round(s), and do not wish to join the institute, but wish to participate in the final round of allotment must approach a reporting center, surrender the seat between 18-7-2016 and 19-7-2016 by submitting a prescribed application. At a later stage, these candidates will receive Rs.9,000/- after deducting Rs.1000/- through online transfer in to their account based on their bank account number details entered in the prescribed application while surrendering.
G. Fresh Choice filling and final round of allotment: After third round of reporting, vacant seats in all Participating NITs will be published in the website http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in on 23-07- 2016 and 24-07-2016. Candidates who were not allotted any seat from first to third round of allotment and those who have surrendered their seats, are only eligible to fill fresh choices from 23-7-2016 to 24-07-2016 for final round of allotment. Final round of allotment will be done on 26-7-2016 and candidates, who are offered seats in this round, must report to the allotted institute on or before 01-08-2016 to attend the classes
Web Enabled On-Line Application Form Eligible candidates as per section 2.0 are required to fill-in web enabled on-line application form from any place of their convenience. Candidates are required to register themselves in the website http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in by giving their username and password. Candidates are not permitted to create multiple Id’s. Username: Username must be a string containing at least six alphanumeric characters with first two and last two characters as alphabets. No special characters are allowed. Password: Password must be a string containing at least six alphanumeric characters. No special characters are allowed. In case of any problem, they are advised to contact Secretary/Assist Secretary/Jt. Convener, NIMCET-2016, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Durgapur - 713209. E-mail: email@example.com IMPORTANT NOTES : 1. Candidates should apply for NIMCET-2016 through ‘Online’ only
- Candidates must follow instructions and guidelines strictly, mentioned in the website http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in .
- Applications not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
2. ON-LINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS:
- Candidates should pay the non-refundable processing fee (Rs. 2,000/- for OPEN/OBC and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST) through SBI-I collect and NIMCET-2016 only before final submission of the online application form through the URL: http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in website. No other means of Collection of Application fees will be entertained.
- Candidates should register on NIMCET-2016 website with login, password and then fill all the details as per the instruction in the Online Application Form.
- After successful filling of information on online and pressing submit button, a complete application form with unique application number will be generated. Candidate must quote this unique application number in future correspondences till the admission process is completed.
- Candidates are required to take printout of the generated application form and send it with payment -receipt and other relevant documents – “The Secretary, NIMCET-2016, National Institute of Technology, M.G Avenue, Durgapur-713209” by Speed Post/ Registered Post so as to reach on or before 18th April, 2016.
- Please ensure all the supporting documents as specified in check-list are enclosed.
- Please keep two copies of the application and payment-receipt for future reference.
- Candidates must remember their login, password, e-mail-id entered in the application till the end of NIMCET-2016 process.
- Candidates will not be allowed to create multiple user logins.
- Candidates can use one mobile number and valid email-id to create only one account. Candidate must retain the same mobile number and email-id till the admission through NIMCET 2016 is over.
- The application forms, received after the last date 18th April, 2016 (even though the application is successfully uploaded), the applications without supporting documents and payment-receipt will be summarily rejected.
- NIMCET-2016 is not responsible for any postal delays and hence candidates are advised to post the generated application form with all necessary documents and payment receipt well in advance so as to reach latest by 18-04-2016.
3. Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards. In case the Admit Card is not available for downloading, the candidates should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org between 16 th to 26 th May, 2016 giving details of the candidate’s application number and proof for remittance of fee. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. 4. Candidate must preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case. Application number should be quoted in all subsequent correspondences.
IMPORTANT NOTE : a) Read carefully the instructions to fill in online application form as described in section 6.0. in this brochure. b) Applicants should retain the same mobile number till the completion of the admission process through NIMCET-2016. c) They are also required to take hard copy (a print out) of the generated application form, enclose all relevant documents (Please enclose photocopy of both sides of mark sheets) and send it by speed post / registered post to the following address along with copies of mark-sheets and pass certificates of SSC/10th class and Bachelor’s Degree along with payment receipt of processing fee (Rs. 2000/- for open / OBC category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST category).
Applications should reach by speed-post or registered-post on or before 18th April, 2016 [3 pm]The Secretary, NIMCET-2016 M G Avenue, National Institute of Technology Durgapur - 713209
Applications received after due date and time will not be considered. NIMCET-2016 is not responsible for any postal delays and hence candidates are advised to post the filled-in application with all necessary documents and payment receipt well in advance before the last date i.e., 18-4-2016. Rights are reserved by NIMCET-2016 for any change in this regard.Processing Fee through SBI-I collect and NIMCET-2016 website The non-refundable application processing Fee for NIMCET-2016 for admission to the MCA programme is Rs. 2000/- for OPEN/OBC category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST category candidates to be paid by SBI-I collect only. No other means of collection will be entertained. Candidates have to deposit an appropriate amount relevant to their category. Instructions for Filling On-Line Application Form Please read the following instructions carefully before you fill-in on-line application form 1. Before you start filling-in the on-line application form, keep the following documents ready for uploading. (a) Scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph (alternatively, get a digital passport size photograph) and (b) scanned copy of your signature. Separate files should be created for the scanned photograph, scanned signature in appropriate format (.jpeg, .png only). Maximum size of photograph file, signature file, are 30 KB and 10 KB respectively. 2. Use a Java script enabled browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above).
Browse the url http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in to get to home page of NIMCET-2016.
NOTE: 1. Among the All India Quota seats, there is no separate state-wise quota 2. SC/ST and OBC Reservations As per Government of India Rules 3. Seat Matrix: Subject to change 4. PwD Persons with Disabilities ** Please check the fee structure at NIT, Kurukshetra (visit www.nitkkr.ac.in ) under self-financing scheme.
Check List : Print the Check list given below and mark (√) in the box for compliance of each and send it along with the generated application form, payment e-receipt and other documents.
In case, not applicable for (iv) or (vi) below, specify “NA “in the box. (i) Generated Application Form signed at the bottom of each page and at the Signature place of the Declaration part. ☐
(ii) Payment through State Bank collect as processing fee for NIMCET-2016 worth (a) Rs. 2,000/- for Open/OBC, or (b) Rs. 1,000/- for SC/ST
(iii) Copies of Mark sheets of (a) SSC or 10th Class or equivalent and (b) qualifying Degree
(iv) If applicable, Category Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format given in Annexure I and II of this brochure.
(v) If applicable, Persons with Disabilities Certificate issued by competent authority in the prescribed format given in Annexure III of this brochure.
(vi) Certificate issued by head of the institution in case of candidates appearing for their final examination in the academic year 2015-16.(see annexure-IV for proforma of certificate)
|Events||Last Date [time*]|
|Opening date for online login creation and submission of Online Application form||Wednesday, 1st March, 2016|
|Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with self-attested copy of Marks sheet of Class- 12 and Graduation certificate with payment receipt by speed post/ Registered post||Monday, 18th April, 2016 [3P.M]|
|Availability of Admit card on NIT, Durgapur website http://nimcet2016.nitdgp.ac.in for download||Monday 16th May 2016 onwards|
|Date and Time of Examination||Sunday, 29th May 2016 Time: 10 A.M to 12 Noon.|
|Date of Publication of Result (Tentative)||On or before Monday, 6th June 2016|
|Opening date of On-Line Choice filling||Friday 10th June, 2016 10 A.M onwards|
|Closing date of On line Choice filling||Wednesday, 15th June,2016|
|First Round Seat Allotment||Saturday 18th June, 2016|
|First round of Remote reporting in person in any of the counseling centre i.e. participating NITs offering MCA Programme||Wednesday 22nd June to Friday 24th June, 2016, 10 A.M to 5 P.M.|
|Second round of Allotment/up gradation||Wednesday, 29th June, 2016.|
|Second round of Remote reporting in person (fresh allotees and allotees whose seats are upgraded, but need to modify after their option)||Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd July, 2016. 10 A.M to 5 P.M|
|Third round of allotment/upgradation||Friday 8th July, 2016|
|Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute||Thursday 14th to Friday 15th July 2016 Time 10 A.M to 5 P.M|
|Surrendering the allotted seats in person through participating counseling centre by those who do not wish to join the allotted institute, but wish to participate against vacant seat, if any.||Monday 18th to Tuesday 19th July 2016 Time 10 A.M to 5 P.M|
|Announcement of vacant seats||Thursday 16th July 2016|
|Fresh Choice Filling in person against vacant seat, if any, through any of the counseling centre||Saturday 23rd to Sunday 24th July, 2016 Time 10 A.M to 5 P.M|
|Final round of allotment of vacant seat, if any||Tuesday 26th July 2016|
|Final round of reporting in person at the allotted institute||On or before Monday 1st August,2016|
Note:* - If Time is unspecified, then know and follow the business hours of the concerned participating institute.
Proforma for Other Backward Class (OBC Certificate), Click here
Proforma for Scheduled Caste (SC) Scheduled Tribe (ST) Certificate, Click here
Proforma for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Click here
Proforma of Qualifying Degree, Click here
For Previous Year Question Papers & Solutions, Click here
For NIMCET 2016 RESULT, Click here