by Jitendra Mishra Academy, Indore (Best MCA Entrance Coaching in India) Top MCA Entrance Coaching in India, No. 1 MCA Entrance Coaching in India
Here is a detailed analysis of NIMCET 2017 by Jitendra Mishra Academy (JMA), which will help you understand this year’s test paper from marking pattern to sectional attempts and difficulty level.
|Exam Date||28th May, 2017|
|Total Number of Questions||120|
|Total Time||120 minutes|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Conducting Institute||NIT Durgapur|
|Participating NITs||11 NITs|
|Total Number of Seats||867|
|Date of Publication Result||6th June 2017|
NIMCET-2017 test was conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects.
1. Mathematics 50 questions
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning 40 questions
3. Computer Awareness 10 questions
4. General English 20 questions
Award of Marks
Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to NEGATIVE ONE mark.
Qualifying Criteria for Allotment of Rank
A Candidate securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks in NIMCET-2017 test will be disqualified.
Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2017 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½ , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate. In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
SECTION – 1
MATHEMATICS (50 Questions)
This Section Comprised of 50 Questions and all the questions were straight forward and equally asked from all the topics. The level of questions was easy and could have been solved using shortcut tricks or elimination by option which could have saved time in this section and could have been utilized in the other sections.
100 percent accuracy could have been attained in this section in the first attempt itself.
Note : This section was more or less same compared to previous year (NIMCET – 2016)
SECTION – 2
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING (40 Questions)
This Section Comprised of 40 Questions out of which 7 Questions were based on Quantitative Aptitude and rest 33 were based on Verbal Reasoning.
15 questions out of 33 were based on puzzles and were easily approachable.A few trickier questions were asked on Numbers, Cubes and Die. Rest of the questions could have been easily solved in the first attempt. Time management with accuracy in solving puzzles made this section scoring. Questions based on quantitative aptitude were easily solvable using shortcut tricks and techniques. Overall this section was easy and very scoring. 100 percent accuracy could have been attained in this section.
Note : This section was easier compared to last year (NIMCET – 2016).
SECTION – 3
COMPUTER AWARENESS (10 Questions)
This section comprised of 10 questions and were based on Number system,2’s complement, Boolean Algebra, Logic Gates, Memory and Operating System . One Numerical question was asked based on Memory. Out of 10 questions, 8 questions were easy andcould have been solved in the first attempt with 100 percent accuracy. Rest of the 2 questions were a bit trickier and of moderate level.
Note : This section was easier but a bit trickier than previous year (NIMCET – 2016)
SECTION – 4
ENGLISH (20 Questions)
This Section Comprised of 20 Questions. Difficulty level was moderate and a bit tricky. Majority of the topics like sentence completion, vocabulary test, idioms/phrases, spelling check, Correct/Incorrect SentenceOne word substitution,reading comprehension were asked.
Out of 20, 10 Questions were based on Grammar, 5 questions were related to vocabulary usage and 5 questions were based on Reading comprehension. Reading Comprehension was easy and questions asked were pretty unambiguous and straightforward. Questions based on vocabulary usage were easy while questions based on sentence completion were a bit trickier.
Overall, the section was moderate and 10 to 15 out of 20 questions could have been solved correctly with 100% accuracy.
Note : This section was slightly trickier thanthe previous year (NIMCET – 2016).
- The NIMCET – 2017 score of majority students at Jitendra Mishra Academy (JMA), Indore is between (777 to 630).
- 112 questions (Mathematics 49 out of 50 Q.,
Reasoning 38 out of 40 Q., Computer 10 out of 10 Q.& English 15 out of 20 Q.) out of 120 asked in NIMCET – 2017 are based on JMA Test Series, JMA Study Material & JMA Class room lecture.
- Maximum number of shortcuts, tricks and techniques on all topics discussed in the classroom helped students to solve the NIMCET 2017 test paper within the time limit and score better marks.
- More than 812 Test Papers (Daily Test – 212, Weekly Test – 100, Capsule Test – 14, Progressive Test – 12, Revision Test – 100, Final Test – 374+) with 77,000+ questions were conducted with 2 to 3 test a day which covered all pattern of NIMCET, JNU, BHU, BIT, ……. with all difficulty level.
- Speed, Accuracy, time management, Mind Management, Exam temperament, Paper Scanning, Allotment of the questions for 1st, 2nd & 3rd round and Time to time Personal Counseling were consistently practiced during the test series which helped students to get better score.