Admission for Master of Computer Application (MCA) – 2015
Testdate : 31.05.2015Time : 12.30 p.m to 02.30 p.m
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ Corporate Secretaryship/ Economics / Business Administration with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics / Statistics /Computer Applications as one of the subjects or Bachelor’s degree in Science with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 55% marks.
MODE OF EXAM :
Online based Entrance test at designated centres. For Further details visit the University website
1. Comprehension and Verbal Ability
2. Analytical Ability
3. Logical Reasoning
4. Mathematical Aptitude (10+2 level)
5. General Awareness in Computer Science
Application form is to be submitted online through the University website www.pondiuni.edu.in by following the instructions given therein.
APPLICATION FEE :
For all courses Rs.250/- (Rs. 125/- for SC/ ST, exempted for differently abled candidates – supported with relevant certificates). Rs. 1,000/- for NRI and Overseas candidates. Use separate applications for each programme. Payment of Application fee can be made either through online or offline mode .
Reservation For OBC/SC/ST, Differently abled and puducherry students will be applicable to the extent indicated in the prospectus. SELECTION PROCESS For PG Courses, selection will be based on Entrance Examination. For Ph.D., Courses, admission is based on Entrance Test and Interview.
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Karaikal, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mahe, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Port Blair (Andamans), Puducherry, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar (J&k), Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Vijayawada, Villupuram and Visakhapatnam
FILLING OF APPLICATION FORM :
- Apply separately for each course.
- Fill in all columns with complete and correct information after going through the prospectus. Incomplete/ false/ wrong information will entail rejection of application. Any claim based on wrong information, wrong course code, centre code, category(OBC/SC/ST/Gen)etc. will not be entertained at a later stage.
- Application forms are to be filled and submitted online, as per instructions in the University website www.pondiuni. edu.in
- Due care should be taken in filling the application form. Enter correct course code in the relevant column which is very important.
- All columns should be filled correctly and unambiguously.
- While filling in the qualification and marks, care should be taken to provide the relevant marks/ grades.
- Candidates who apply for M.Sc. (Computer Science), M.Com. and MCA courses which are offered at Puducherry and Karaikal Centres of the University, should give their order of preference of centre of study at relevant column.
- Candidates who apply for M.Tech. Computational Biology which is offered at Anna University, Chennai and Pondicherry University should give their order of preference of the University at relevant column.
- Defence personnel also should apply online only. The payment of application fees can be through offline or online mode. They should however, take a print out of the online application form and forward the same through the respective Head Quarter to
The Assistant Registrar(Academic Admissions)
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet,
- Candidates, on their own risk, can apply for more than one course. The University will try its best to arrange so that a candidate would be able to appear for Entrance Examination for more than one course. However, University Entrance Exam Schedule may not completely ensure that there is no “overlap of entrance exams of all the courses to which a candidate has applied”. In case of overlapping, the concerned candidate shall have to opt/choose the course, entrance exam date & session on his/her own. University will not be responsible for such overlapping if the candidate could not take the entrance exam for the particular course(s).
- Helpdesk facilities are available to candidates for help in filling the application form, payment of fees and clarification regarding entrance exam related matters.
IMPORTANT DATE :
Online Registration starts on
28th April 2015
Last Date for Online Registration
15th May 2015
Dates of Entrance Examination
31 May 2015
For Detailed Information, Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here, Click here