Admission for Master of Computer Application (MCA) – 2019
Testdate : 09.06.2019Time : 12.30 p.m to 02.30 p.mEligibility :
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications/ Computer Science/ Information Technology OR Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ Corporate Secretaryship/ Economics / Business Administration with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics / Statistics with Computer Applications as one of the subjects OR Bachelor’s degree in Science with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 55% marks.Intake : 68 (Puducherry) 45 (Karaikal)
MODE OF EXAM : Admission to MCA course is based on the performance in the Entrance Examination. The entrance examination is of objective type. The question paper will consist of 80 questions from the topics of Logical Reasoning, Mathematical Aptitude and General awareness in Computer Science related domains, Programming Language(C)Syllabus : 1. Comprehension and Verbal Ability 2. Analytical Ability 3. Logical Reasoning 4. Mathematical Aptitude (10+2 level) 5. General Awareness in Computer Science
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: ONLINE Application form to be submitted online through the University Website www.pondiuni.edu.in by following the instructions posted therein.APPLICATION FEE : * Subject to submission of relevant certificate. ** Subject to submission of relevant certificate from Govt. Medical Officer. The application fee for NRI and Overseas Candidates is US$100 (i.e Rs.7,100/- in equivalent Indian currency). Use separate application for each programme. Payment of Application fee can be made only through online mode . RESERVATION: Reservation For OBC/SC/ST/EWS, Differently abled and Puducherry candidates will be applicable to the extent indicated in the prospectus.
EXAMINATION CENTRES: Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Karaikal, Kochi, Kolkatta, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Kakinada, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mahe/Thalassery, Mumbai, New Delhi, Vellore, Patna, Port Blair (A&N Islands), Puducherry, Pune, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Srinagar (J&K), Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Vijayawada, and VisakhapatnamFILLING OF APPLICATION FORM :
- Apply separately for each course.
- The Candidates have to submit application for each of the MBA programmes separately.
- Fill in all columns with complete and correct information after going through the prospectus. Incomplete/ false/ wrong information will entail rejection of application. Any claim based on wrong information, wrong course code, centre code, category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS/Gen), etc. will not be entertained at a later stage.
- Application forms are to be filled and submitted online, as per instructions in the University website: www.pondiuni.edu.in
- Due care should be taken in filling the application form. Enter correct course in the relevant column which is very important.
- All columns should be filled correctly and unambiguously.
- While filling in the qualification and marks, care should be taken to provide the relevant marks/ grades.
- Candidates who apply for M.Tech. Computational Biology which is offered at Anna University, Chennai and Pondicherry University should give their order of preference of the University at relevant column.
- Defence personnel also should apply online only. The payment of application fees shall be through online mode. They should however, take a print out of the online application form and forward the same through the respective Head Quarters to The Assistant Registrar(Academic-Admissions) Pondicherry University R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605 014.
- Candidates can apply for more than one course. Before applying for another course the candidates may ensure that there is no “overlap of entrance exams among the courses to which they have applied”. The Date and Time of Entrance Examination of each course is given along with the eligiblity criteria. University will not be responsible, if the candidate could not take the entrance exam for the particular course(s), due to such overlapping.
- Helpdesk facilities are available to candidates for help in filling the application form, payment of fees and clarification regarding entrance exam related matters.
- After proper filling of the application form online and payment of fee online, the candidate can download their printable application from the University website by following instructions therein.
HALL TICKET The Hall Ticket will be uploaded by the University after closing of application registration. The candidate must download his/her hall ticket and produce at the examination centre.IMPORTANT DATE :
Last Date for Online Registration
22nd April 2019
Dates of Entrance Examination
09 June 2019
For Download Prospectus Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here, Click here