M.Sc. (Computer Science) Admission - 2014Testdate: 6 April, 2014. Eligibility: After 12 years’ schooling, a 3/ 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant area* from a recognized university/ institution with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade, with mathematics as a subject of study at the Bachelor’s level, or at 10+2 (12th class) level. *Relevant Areas: Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, Computer Applications, Information Science, Information Technology, Software Systems, Software Engg., Software Technology, Electronics Engg., Electronics Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg., Applied Physics, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Instrumentation Engg. Format of the Entrance Test question paper and course: The duration of the test will be three hours. The test will consist of 100 multiple choice questions of one mark each. Each question will have four options and out of these four options, one option will be correct. Candidates can expect
- Twenty (20) questions from Part A
- Thirty (30) questions from Part B
- Fifty (50) questions from Part C
- Set Theory and Algebra: Sets, Relations, Functions, Groups, Partial Orders, Lattice, Boolean Algebra.
- Matrices and Determinants: Determinants, Matrices, systems of Linear Equations.
- Combinatorics: Permutations, Combinations, Counting, Summation.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation; Conditional probability, independent events, total probability, Baye's theorem
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of Integral Calculus, Evaluation of Definite and Improper Integrals, partial Derivatives, Total Derivatives, Maxima and Minima.
- Ordinary Differential Equations: First Order First Degree Equations, Variable Separable Method, Homogeneous Equations, Exact Equations, Integrating Factors, Linear Equations.
- Vector Analysis: Addition, Subtraction, Dot Product and Cross Products of Vectors.
- Discrete Mathematics: Sets, Relations, Functions, Boolean Algebra, Propositional logic, First order Predicate Logic
- Programming in C: Elements of C, Identifiers, Data Types, Control Structures, Iteration, Structured Data Types: Array, Structure, Union, Strings, Pointers, Functions, Parameter Passing to Functions, Recursion.
- Algorithms: Elementary Space and Time Complexity Analysis, Sorting: Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort, Selection Sort, Searching: Linear and Binary Search.
- Digital Logic Design and Computer Architecture: Number System, Data Representation, and Computer Arithmetic, Logic Gates, Combinational and Sequential Circuits, Computer Organization, Instruction Formats and Addressing, Memory Organization and I/O Interfaces.
- Online Application You may apply online if you can pay the entrance examination fee of INR 600 (USD 10) using credit/debit cards or netbanking. VISA, MASTERCARD & MAESTRO cards can be used for the online payment.
- Paper Application Applications can also be made through regular post or courier by downloading and completing the application form from this website. In this case the entrance exam fee needs to be paid through a demand draft.
Note :- This Notification is taken from their respective website. JMA Indore is not responsible for the authenticity of the notification data. For any details students should contact Universities website and confirm.