M.Sc. (Computer Science) Admission – 2014
Testdate: 6 April, 2014.
After 12 years’ schooling, a 3/ 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant area* from a recognized university/ institution with at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade, with mathematics as a subject of study at the Bachelor’s level, or at 10+2 (12th class) level.
*Relevant Areas: Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, Computer Applications, Information Science, Information Technology, Software Systems, Software Engg., Software Technology, Electronics Engg., Electronics Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg., Applied Physics, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Instrumentation Engg.
Format of the Entrance Test question paper and course:
The duration of the test will be three hours. The test will consist of 100 multiple choice questions of one mark each. Each question will have four options and out of these four options, one option will be correct.
Candidates can expect
- Twenty (20) questions from Part A
- Thirty (30) questions from Part B
- Fifty (50) questions from Part C
There will be no subjective question and no negative marking. The test will be divided into the following three parts:
PART A: Analytical and Logical Abilities, English Language Proficiency
Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving, Integrated Reasoning, English Grammar, Sentence Completion, Verbal Analogies, Word Groups
PART B: Mathematical Science
- Set Theory and Algebra: Sets, Relations, Functions, Groups, Partial Orders, Lattice, Boolean Algebra.
- Matrices and Determinants: Determinants, Matrices, systems of Linear Equations.
- Combinatorics: Permutations, Combinations, Counting, Summation.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation; Conditional probability, independent events, total probability, Baye’s theorem
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of Integral Calculus, Evaluation of Definite and Improper Integrals, partial Derivatives, Total Derivatives, Maxima and Minima.
- Ordinary Differential Equations: First Order First Degree Equations, Variable Separable Method, Homogeneous Equations, Exact Equations, Integrating Factors, Linear Equations.
- Vector Analysis: Addition, Subtraction, Dot Product and Cross Products of Vectors.
PART C: Undergraduate level Computer Science
- Discrete Mathematics: Sets, Relations, Functions, Boolean Algebra, Propositional logic, First order Predicate Logic
- Programming in C: Elements of C, Identifiers, Data Types, Control Structures, Iteration, Structured Data Types: Array, Structure, Union, Strings, Pointers, Functions, Parameter Passing to Functions, Recursion.
- Algorithms: Elementary Space and Time Complexity Analysis, Sorting: Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort, Selection Sort, Searching: Linear and Binary Search.
- Digital Logic Design and Computer Architecture: Number System, Data Representation, and Computer Arithmetic, Logic Gates, Combinational and Sequential Circuits, Computer Organization, Instruction Formats and Addressing, Memory Organization and I/O Interfaces.
Test City :
Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna (Khagol) and Thiruvananthapuram.
Admit Cards will be sent to the applicants by email for taking the Entrance Test. Please fill the center of your choice in the application form.
Application Fee :
An Entrance Test will be conducted simultaneously throughout the SAARC Region on April 6, 2014. Application fee for appearing in the entrance test is US $ 10 or Indian Rupees 600/-. Applicants, who can pay the application fee by credit/debit cards or Net Banking, have the option to apply online. For other applicants, there is an option to download the application form, fill it and mail it to SAU along with a bank-draft for US $10 or Indian Rupees 600/- drawn in favor of “South Asian University” payable at New Delhi.
How to Apply
Applications are invited for admission to various academic programmes of the South Asian University for the fifth academic session to commence in July 2014. There are two options for applicants to SAU programs: You can apply online or by paper application. Before applying through either option, please go through the General Information below.
- Online Application
You may apply online if you can pay the entrance examination fee of INR 600 (USD 10) using credit/debit cards or netbanking. VISA, MASTERCARD & MAESTRO cards can be used for the online payment.
- Paper Application
Applications can also be made through regular post or courier by downloading and completing the application form from this website. In this case the entrance exam fee needs to be paid through a demand draft.
Deputy Registrar (Admissions & Examinations)
South Asian University
Akbar Bhavan, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110 021 India
Last date of form submission is 3 March 2014.
This Notification is taken from their respective website. JMA Indore is not responsible for the authenticity of the notification data. For any details students should contact Universities website and confirm.