MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, SEATS & EXAM PATTERN
: 3 Hrs.
Recognised Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics at least at 10+2 school level and has also qualified in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the University.
Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects and has also qualified in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the University.
|Name of the programme
||Duration of Entrance Test
||Number of questions in the entrance test
There will be objective type questions. 1/4th marks shall be deducted for wrong answer.
Section-I: Mathematics (60 Questions)
Section-II: Computer Awareness (50 Questions)
- Geometry: Two-Dimensional; straight lines, circles and conic sections, Three-Dimensional; straight lines and spheres.
- Algebra: Set theory, Relations, Mappings and its applications, Permutations and Combinations.
- Calculus: Limits, Continuity and Differentiability, Rolle's and Mean value theorems, Differentiation, Partial Differentiation, Maxima and Minima of functions of one and two variable. Successive differentiation. Integration by using substitution, partial fraction and by parts, Definite integral and its properties, Applications of definite integral to evaluate length and area of simple plane curves.
- Vector Analysis: Scalar and vector products of two , three and four vectors and their applications.
- Statistics, Probability and Linear programming: Measures of Central tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis. Correlation and Regression. Basic concepts of probability, Conditional probability, Baye's theorem, Discrete and continuous distributions (Binomial, Poisson, and Normal distributions), Fundamentals of linear programming problems, Graphical solution, Simplex method and its variants.
- Matrices:Types of matrices rank of a matrix, solution of system of linear equations, Cayley Hamilton theorem, Inverse of a matrix, Determinant and its properties.
- Numerical Analysis: Solution of non-linear equations using iterative methods, Interpolation
(Newton's, Lagrange's and Forward formulae), Numerical Integration (Trapezoidal and Simpson Rule).
Section-III: Analytical Ability, Communication Skills and General Knowledge: (40 Questions)
- Computer Basics :Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices, Categories of Computers.
- Data Representation :Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra: truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Basics of C Programming and Operating Systems :Computer programming in C : data types, loop and control statements, functions. Fundamentals of operating systems: multiprogramming, multitasking, Multiprocessing and time sharing systems.
- Networking and Internet :Categories of Computer Network, Network topologies, Network media, Concepts of LAN, MAN and WAN, Search Engines, Basic internet applications.
- The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, visual-spatial reasoning and Communication skills. This section shall also contain questions to test the general knowledge about business, finance, industry, transportation, scientific inventions, informat ion technology, governance, heal thcare, cultural dimensions etc.
All Universities Syllabus is taken from their respective websites. JMA Indore is not responsible for the authenticity of the syllabus data. For any details students should contact Universities website and confirm.