1. Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with at least one of the following subjects at the under graduate level: Computer Science, Computer Technology, IT, Mathematics, Statistics and Business Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
2. Consistent Record in X and XII Std is required.
3. Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
4. Candidates should have completed their final Semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
MCA ENTRANCE EXAM PATTERN
COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)
For MCA candidates the question paper will be common, testing the analytical and language skills, in addition to the aptitude test.
- The Question Paper will contain 110 questions, with a maximum of 100 marks.
- All Questions will be of objective type.
- Each question will be followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate has to choose and mark against the correct answer as per the instructions given on the top of the question paper.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics. Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.
: Concepts of sets – Union – Intersection – Cardinality – Elementary counting, permutations and combinations Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probabi lity theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
:Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansions, Factorization, simultaneous linear/ quadratic equations, indices, logarithms- arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices. Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equations of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
: Limit of functions, Continuous functions, Differentiation of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction; Definite integrals, Applications of Definite Integrals to areas.
: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and dis tances, General solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING
:The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, back-up devices.
: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.