TAMILNADU COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
TANCET – 2021
(ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI)
M.C.A. Test Date: March 20, 2021 Saturday
Time : 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
Eligibility (M.C.A.) : TANCET 2021
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in B.C.A. or B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent), or a pass in a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration (in disciplines other than the ones mentioned above) with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduation Level and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
(a) 10 + 2 + 3 / 4 / 5 years Pattern
(b) 10 + 3 years Diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE*
*Candidates with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (A.M.I.E.) and other similar certificates of professional bodies viz. Aeronautical Society of India, etc., recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders, only with 2 years regular full time experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work. An experience certificate shall be produced by the candidates.
ENTRANCE TEST CENTRES : TANCET 2021
The entrance test will be held at the following cities:
Every effort will be taken to comply with the candidate’s choice for the entrance test centre. However, any other centre may be allotted to few candidates due to reasons like nonavailability of space. n any case, a centre once allotted cannot be changed for any reasons.
REGISTRATION FOR ENTRANCE TEST (Only through Online) :
Candidates can register through online only by filling-up the application and uploading the same along with a good quality recently taken photograph.
ENTRANCE TEST FEE (Only through Online):
The Candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC /SCA /ST candidates) towards the entrance test fee for any one of the programmes either 1. M.B.A. (or) 2. M.C.A. (or) 3.M.E/M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programmes.
Candidate registering for more than one programme has to pay Rs. 600/- ( Rs. 300/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional programme through online only.
HALL TICKET AND SCORE CARD :
The Registration Number assigned in the Hall Ticket should be entered at the
appropriate place in the admission application form to be filed with the respective
admitting authority later.
All the candidates should download the hall tickets from the Anna University website.
Steps to be followed for Registration :
- Click the ‘Registration’ link in the menu bar.
- Click the ‘Register’ link
- Provide the required information and press Submit button.
- Now, it directs to payment page. Make payment online. Follow the instructions. Those who wish to avail fee concession under SC/ST/SCA categories from TAMIL NADU, must upload your community certificate, which are subject to scrutiny; and if found wrong, the application will be rejected. Those who do not have the required certificate can opt for skip option while uploading community certificate, and in that case the candidate has to make full payment.
- On successful payment, it directs to pages related to other relevant details required for the examination. Follow the instructions and enter the details.
- At the end, it asks for the confirmation of the details provided. Now, verify the details and confirm.
- On confirming the details, it directs to a page where you can take printout of your application. Take printout of the application for your reference.
- The registration is successfully completed only if you are able to take the printout of your application. Otherwise, check the status of your application and proceed as instructed.
Important Note : TANCET 2021
- Providing wrong information in the application may lead to disqualifying the candidate from TANCET 2021.
- Remember your registered email, registered mobile number and the password till downloding the score card.
- Do not make separate registration if you wish to include your name for the additional examination after your first registration. In such cases, the candidate is advised to use the Status Check & Additional Examination link, so that new examination detail will be added to the already registered application. For instance, if the candidate already registered for MCA and later wish to add ME/MBA, the additional course link is to be used. If you have added any examination particulars, you are advised to take a printout of the application again using status check link.
- You can obtain TANCET 2020 question booklet from the Centre for Entrance Examinations at the cost of Rs.25/- (by DD or cash) per booklet. Those who wish to get the question booklet by post, contact the centre through phone.
- For any communication related to TANCET, mention your application number.
- After payment if the amount is deducted from from account and not reflected in your page, wait for 12 hours. Still the problem persists, mail(email) the details to the Secretary (TANCET). Donot make any further payment before getting the reply
Documents and Particulars required for Registration :
- Valid email-ID and mobile number. Provide only your currently used email and mobile number, as this office communicates only through email/mobile.
- Tenth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Twelth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Diploma Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing, if you are a diploma holder.
- A passport photo of good quality in jpg format
SYLLABI AND EVALUATION SCHEME :
Duration of the Test : 2 Hours.
The question paper will have the following sections:
i) Quantitative ability
ii) Analytical reasoning
iii) Logical reasoning
iv) Computer awareness
A few questions may also be on verbal activity, basic science, etc
Questions and Evaluation Scheme :
Negative marks for every
Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be reduced
Note: Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
IMPORTANT DATE : TANCET 2021
Checking Final Status of Application
February 17, 2021
Downloading of Hall Tickets
March 5, 2021
Announcement of Results
On or Before April 16, 2021
Downloading of Mark Sheets
On or Before April 20, 2021
Commencement of Registration of Application through online only
January 19, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
Last date for Registration of Application
February 12, 2021 @ 5.00 PM
Entrance Test Date
March 20, 2021 Saturday (10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
For TANCET 2021 REGISTRATION, Click here
For TANCET 2021 INFORMATION & INSTRUCTION, Click here
For Detailed Information, Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here