Admission for Master of Computer Application (M.C.A) – 2015 Test Date : 13-07-2015 to 24-07-2015Eligibility : a) BCA/BES/BSc.-Computer Science/ Mathematics /Applied Sciences/ Physics/ Statistics or b) B.Com. / B.B.M. /B.B.A./ B.L.M. /.B.A. Corporate Secretary ship / B.A. Economics /any other degree with Business Mathematics and Statistics or Mathematics/ Statistics in Main/Allied level or c) B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics and Physics as allied subject or d) B.E./ B.Tech. / M.B.A. or e) Bachelors degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects at the Higher Secondary level Last date for online submission and receipt of filled in print copy of the application for all P.G., M.Phil., P.G.Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Programmes is 10.07.2015 INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before filling-in the application and preserve the prospectus till the completion of the programme.
- Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation.
- Separate application forms (at a cost of Rs.300/-) shall be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different departments. The fee structure of self-supportive Programme is higher than the regular programme. Applications cannot be transferred from one School to another.
- Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visa issued by the Government of India and refugees will be considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
- 15 percent supernumerary seats are available for all the PG courses (regular programmes only) for foreign nationals including NRIs. They need not appear for entrance test. Two supernumerary seats are available for Jammu & Kashmir students in all the departments.
- The fees paid by candidates who have joined any programme but withdrawn before the commencement of the classes only will be refunded, after deduction of Rs.1000/-.
- The fees payable by the SC/ST/SCA students of other states are not reimbursed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu, hence SC/ST students belonging to other states have to pay the fees in full as levied to other students and later they can get it refunded from their respective State Governments scholarships.
- The print copy of the Online application shall be sent directly to the Head of the Department* concerned along with the proof of payment of application cost and copies of other necessary certificates and documents, on or before 10.07.2015. (Original certificates should not be sent along with application). Address on the envelope shall be written as given below:
The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Guindy Campus) Chepauk – 600 005 The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras Guindy, Chennai – 600 025
The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Marina Campus) Chepauk – 600 005 Taramani, The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras Chennai – 600 113
The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Chetpet Campus) Chetpet, Chennai – 600 31
- Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be sent along with the print out of the online application form. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during April/May 2015 shall send the application form along with the attested mark statements upto 5 th or pre-final semesters. The final semester mark statement shall be sent within 7 days after the publication of results of U.G./P.G. Examinations of the University of Madras.
- The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities shall obtain the eligibility certificate from the University of Madras and submit the same to the Department at the time of admission to the programme of study.
- Candidates are to contact the University Information Centre (Enquiry Office) /ERC Section of the University of Madras to obtain the eligibility certificate.
- Entrance examination will be conducted by the respective Departments / Schools and Hall ticket will be sent to the students by the Departments concerned.
- Admissions to PG/M.Phil. programmes are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination (50 percent) and the entrance examination marks (50 percent).
- Number of seats are limited to each department offering the courses and selections are base on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
- Relaxation up to 5 percent of marks is considered to SC/ST/SCA/Physically and visually challenged candidates for admission to M.Phil. programmes. Differently abled persons shall enclose a certificate issued by the Department of Rehabilitation, Government of Tamil Nadu, in proof of evidence.
- University of Madras reserves the rights to not to conduct any of the courses if the circumstances so warranted without assigning any reasons.
- 18. Application for admission should be filled in online in the University website at http://www. unom.ac.in only. The cost of application of Rs.300/- payment made through online / Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, University of Madras” payable at Chennai shall be enclosed along with the print copy of the filled in application, otherwise the application will summarily be rejected.
- If there is any dispute regarding P.G./M.Phil./P.G.Diploma/Diploma/Certificate courses admission, the matter needs to be resolved only in the High Court of Madras, Chennai.
- Last date for online submission and receipt of filled in print copy of the application for all P.G., M.Phil., P.G.Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Programmes is 10.07.2015
- The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu only can avail only one application at free of cost. Two copies of the community certificate should be submitted along with the application to avail this concession.
For Information brochure, Click here
For Apply Online, Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here