Department of Computer Science PUCSD Entrance Examination 2014
(Only for Science Faculty Graduates) For M.C.A. Under Science Faculty & M.Sc. (Computer Science)Test Date : 23rd March 2014 Important Notes :
1. This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, University of Pune.
2. 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
3. Regarding the PUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
4. Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
5. Caste validity certificate is essential for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
6. Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.Courses: M.C.A.(under Science Faculty) and M.Sc. (Computer Science) Eligibility Criteria:
For M.C.A.: Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.For M.Sc. (Computer Science) : Bachelors Degree in Computer Science. The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions) Last date of online Application : 9th March 2014 Last date of submission of printout of Application Form alongwith DD and necessary documents : 12th March 2014 Examination Centers : In Maharashtra State: Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State : Delhi, Varanasi
Application Fees (Non Refundable) : Unreserved: Rs. 800/- Reserved (For Maharashtra): Rs. 500/-
Application Fee has to be paid through Demand Draft (Nationalised Bank only) drawn in favour of ‘The Registrar, University of Pune’, payable at Pune. Please mention your name and application form number (which you will receive after submitting the online application form with details) on the back of the Demand Draft. THE PUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc. Syllabus : The Entrance Examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions (100 marks), and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language. Mathematics Syllabus :
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
Note :- This Notification is taken from their respective website. JMA Indore is not responsible for the authenticity of the notification data. For any details students should contact Universities website and confirm.