For M.C.A. Under Science Faculty (Only for Science Faculty Graduates) & M.Sc. (Computer Science)
Admission for 2015
Test Date: 01st March 2015Important Notes:
- This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, SP Pune University.
- 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
- Regarding the SPPUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
- Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
- Caste validity certificate is essentital for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
- Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
For M.C.A. : : Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
For M.Sc. (Computer Science) : : Bachelors Degree in Computer Science The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions)
Last date of online Application -15th Feb 2015
Last date of submission of printout of Application Form alongwith DD and necessary documents -20th Feb 2015Examination Centers:
In Maharashtra State : Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State : Delhi, VaranasiApplication Fees (Non Refundable):
For General Category Student : Rs. 800/-
For Reserved Category Student (In Maharashtra) : Rs. 500/-
- Application Fee has to be paid through Demand Draft (Nationalised Bank only) drawn in favour of "Finance & Accounts Officer, SPPU", payable at Pune.
- Please mention your name and application form number (which you will receive after submitting the online application form with details) on the back of the Demand Draft.
- THE SPPUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc.
The Entrance Examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions (100 marks), and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language.Mathematics Syllabus
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
- Draw a Demand Draft (DD) of any Nationalised Bank in favor of "Finance & Accounts Officer, SPPU", payable at Pune, of the amount as applicable. You should have all the details of DD (Number, Date and Bank name) at the time of filling the Application Form.
- While filling online application, please keep on hand all necessary documents. You will also require scanned images of your latest passport size photograph and signature to be uploaded while filling the online application form.
- To submit an application form, it is very important and necessary to furnish all the details of DD.
- Fill all the information carefully. Unless you are satisfied with the information provided by you in the form is correct do not "Submit" the application form.
- Click on “Apply Online” link to start filling online application form.
- Please Fill the application in English
- Write the following details on the back of DD:
- Name of the Applicant
- Applicant Mobile Number
- A Copy of an Application form duly signed by the candidate.
- The Demand Draft
- Attested copy of Domicile Certificate (for candidates residing in Maharashtra State, if an applicant is not holding a Maharashtra domicile certificate but has passed S.S.C. and H.S.C. from the state of Maharashtra, then he/she should submit the attested copies of marklist/passing certificate for S.S.C. and H.S.C.).
- An attested copy of the caste certificate and/or Valid Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable/available) for the reserved category applicant.
- An attested copy of the S.S.C.(X th)and H.S.C. (Science) (XII th)Marklist.
- An attested copy of the S.Y./T.Y. B.Sc./B.Sc.(Comp. Sci.)/B.C.A.(Under Science Faculty) Marklist.
- After the receipt of your application along with DD and necessary documents, your application will be validated. Further details of all such validated applicants will be posted on this website. The information about ADMIT CARDS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE after 20-02-2015.
If you have any queries regarding the application form procedure then, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For detail Information, Click here
For Previous year paper (Pune – 2014, 2007), Click here