For M.C.A. Under Science Faculty (Only for Science Faculty Graduates)
& M.Sc. (Computer Science)
Admission for 2017
Test Date: 05th March 2017
- This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, SP Pune University.
- 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
- Regarding the SPPUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
- Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
- Caste validity certificate is essentital for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
- Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
Courses: M.C.A.(under Science Faculty) and M.Sc. (Computer Science)
For M.C.A. : : Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
For M.Sc. (Computer Science) : : Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions)
Last date of online Application –20th Feb 2017
Last date by which Application Form should reach the department office –23th Feb 2017
In Maharashtra State : Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State : Delhi, Ranchi, Indore
Application Fees to be paid online or by challan (Non Refundable):
For General Category Student : Rs. 1000/-
For Reserved Category Student (In Maharashtra) : Rs. 800/-
- Please submit by hand/by post, a duly signed printed copy of the filled application form with self-attested photo affixed on the place provided, to The Head, Department of Computer Science, SP Pune University, Pune-07
- Please note that no other document should be sent along with the copy of the online form.
- THE SPPUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc.
Syllabus for SPPUCSD Entrance Examination :
The Entrance Examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions and covers the areas of logical reasoning, mathematics, general aptitude and the English language.
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
If you have any queries regarding the application form procedure then,
Date of Examination :
05th March 2017
Last date of online Application :
20th Feb 2017
Last date by which Application Form should reach
23th Feb 2017
For Previous year Question paper & Solutions, Click here