For M.C.A. Under Science Faculty (Only for Science Faculty Graduates) & M.Sc. (Computer Science)
Admission for 2017
Test Date: 05th March 2017Important Notes:
- This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, SP Pune University.
- 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
- Regarding the SPPUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
- Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
- Caste validity certificate is essentital for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
- Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
For M.C.A. : : Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
For M.Sc. (Computer Science) : : Bachelors Degree in Computer Science The admissions are and will be done in accordance with the Ordinance No. 181 (Ordinance for admissions of students to the Post-Graduate courses in the University Departments/ Institutions)
Last date of online Application -20th Feb 2017
Last date by which Application Form should reach the department office -23th Feb 2017Examination Centers:
In Maharashtra State : Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur
Outside Maharashtra State : Delhi, Ranchi, IndoreApplication Fees to be paid online or by challan (Non Refundable):
For General Category Student : Rs. 1000/-
For Reserved Category Student (In Maharashtra) : Rs. 800/-
- Please submit by hand/by post, a duly signed printed copy of the filled application form with self-attested photo affixed on the place provided, to The Head, Department of Computer Science, SP Pune University, Pune-07
- Please note that no other document should be sent along with the copy of the online form.
- THE SPPUCSD ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc.
The Entrance Examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions and covers the areas of logical reasoning, mathematics, general aptitude and the English language.Mathematics Syllabus
- Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
- Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
- Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
- Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
- Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
- Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
- Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
- Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
- Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
Date of Examination :
05th March 2017
Last date of online Application :
20th Feb 2017
Last date by which Application Form should reach the department office
23th Feb 2017
For Previous year Question paper & Solutions, Click here