Admission for MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION (MCA) – 2014
CBT Test Dale: 27″ April, 2014 (Sunday)Test Time: 8 to 10 a m (2 Hours)
No. of Question : 100
Marks : 400
Eligibility : For admission to first year of MCA in any institution affiliated to UPTU, Lucknow, a candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U. securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate. Candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.
- Modern Algebra: Idempotent law, identities, complementary laws, Demorgan’s theorem, mapping, inverse relation, equivalence relation, Piano’s Axiom, definition of rational numbers and integers through equivalence relation.
- Algebra: Surds, solution of simultaneous and quadratic equations, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Binomial theorem for any index, logarithms, exponential and logarithmic series, determinants.
- Probability: Definition, dependent and independent events, numerical problems on addition and multiplication of probability, theorems of probability.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, use of mathematical tables, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse functions, DeMoiver’s theorem.
- Co-Ordinate Geometry: Co-ordinate geometry of the straight lines, pair of straight lines, circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and their properties.
- Calculus: Differentiation of function of functions, tangents and normal, simple examples of maxima of minima, limits of function, integration of function (by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction), definite integral (application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of sphere, cone and cylinder).
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications.
- Dynamics: Velocity, composition of velocity, relative velocity, acceleration, composition of acceleration, motion under gravity, projectiles, laws of motions, principles of conservation of momentum and energy, direct impact of smooth bodies, pulleys.
- Statics: Composition of co-planar, concurrent and parallel forces, moments and couples, resultant of set of coplanar forces and conditions of equilibrium, determination of Centroides in simple case, problems involving friction.
(ii) STATISTICS : Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation.
(iii) LOGICAL ABILITY : Questions to test analytical and reasoning capability of candidates.
Reservation : 85% seats are available in MCA & MAM (dual degree) course at all Private Institutions will be filled by the UPSEE-2014 qualified candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P subject to the eligibility conditions given in this information brochure. If the candidate has passed qualifying examination from outside of U.P., he/she has to produce domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) before the starting date of counseling.
Availibility of Information Brochure and Submission of Application Forms :
The Information Brochure will be available ON LINE on the websites http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in only. The same can be downloaded and/or printed for reference by the candidates.
The application form can be filled in On-Line through http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in. from any place of convenience or at any designated help desk. Lists of Helpdesks are available on the website: http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in.
Submission of On-Line Application Form:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The online application can be made from 10.A.M., 15th March 2014 till 10:00 pm of 05th April 2014 through the website http://www.upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in as per detailed procedure given in the websites. For assistance (in case of any difficulty) in filling up ON-LINE application form, candidate may contact the Help Desks at various cities. The list of Help Desks shall be made available on website.
Filling up of Personal Details :
1. The applicants should submit all the details as per their eligibility while filling the online application form. After filling online application form; you are required to review all the entries filled by you by clicking on “NEXT to REVIEW” button” before submitting it. In case of mistakes, correct the same through “back” button and again review all the entries once again before submitting it. Here, it is clarified that you may change the entries as many times as you want before submitting the Form by clicking the “FINAL SUBMIT” button. Note that, once “FINAL SUBMIT” button is pressed and application form is submitted, entries in the form cannot be modified/changed/corrected in any way. Therfore before clicking the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, make it doubly sure that all the entries are filled correctly.
2. On submission of application, a registration number will be generated. You are required to note this registration number for all future correspondences.
Payment of Examination Fee:
A candidate can pay examination fee in one of the following manner.
(i) Through Bank-Challan
(ii) Through Credit Card / Debit Card
Payment through bank-Challan: If you are opting to pay through bank challan, click the required link (download Bank challan) to generate the challan in triplicate. The challan will contain your credentials along with the required fees. You should take the challan along with your signature and the requisite fees to the designated bank for the payment on next day (Day 2) of filling the application form, if the form is filled till 5 pm. In case application is filled after 5 pm, the candidate is supposed to take the duly signed challan for payment on Day 3 to the Bank. The bank will provide you a transaction number. Make sure that the transaction number is filled up correctly at the space provided on the challan.
You are required to note this transaction number for all future correspondences.
Payment through Credit Card / Debit Card
If you are making payment through credit card / debit card, then click an appropriate link and make the payment. All VISA/Master cards are accepted. You should be ready with your credit, debit card details. The payment in this mode can be done on the same day (Day-1).
You are required to note this transaction number for all future correspondences
Take the second copy of Confirmation Page, paste your recent passport size photograph, put your signature & thumb impression (left thumb), parent/ guardian signature at the space provided on the confirmation page. Post the duly signed completed confirmation page along with copy of challan (if the payment is made through bank challan) so as to reach the
Uttar Pradesh Technical University,
IET Campus, Sitapur Road,
Lucknow – 226021, Uttar Pradesh
on or before 07th April 2014.
Examination Fee : The examination fee for online application is as follows:
For Male Candidates of
For SC/ST Category and
Please note that the bank may additionally charge service charges plus applicable taxes while making the payment through Credit/Debit card or Challan.
Application can be submitted online from 15th March 2014 until 10:00 pm of 05th April 2014.
List of cities where on-line test will be conducted:
1 Agra, 2 Aligarh, 3 Allahabad, 4 Bareilly, 5 G.B.Nagar (Noida/GR.Noida), 6 Ghaziabad, 7 Gorakhpur, 8 Jhansi, 9 Kanpur, 10 Lucknow, 11 Mathura, 12 Meerut, 13 Moradabad, 14 Saharanpur, 15 Varanasi, 16 Delhi
Important Dates :
Filling and Submission of On-Line Application Form For admission to Ist
15th March, 2014 to 05th April, 2014
Filling and Submission of On-Line Application Form For admission to 2nd
15th March, 2014 to 05th April, 2014
Last date of Receipt of “Conformation Page” alongwith Challan (if
07th April, 2014
For Information prospectus UPSEE 2014,Click here
For online Registration of UPSEE-2014,Click here