VIT MCA 2021 Notification by Jitendra Mishra Academy (JMA), Indore
India’s No. 1 Institute for MCA Entrance Preparation…… Best MCA Entrance Coaching in India…. Top MCA Entrance Coaching in India….
VIT MCA 2021
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (VIT), VELLORE – MCA 2021
Admission for Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
DATE : 5th and 6th June, 2021 (COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)
TIME : 10.00 am – 12.00 noon & 02.30 pm – 04.30 pm
Eligibility : VIT MCA 2021
• Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University/Institute with a minimum aggregate of 60% or Ist class for MCA and M.Tech. degree programmes.
• Consistent Record in X and XII Std is required.
• Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates should have completed their final Semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT.
• The candidates should produce statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before August 15th, 2021, failing which admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of admission fee.
Placement Requirements: Industries offering Placement at VIT have stipulated a minimum of 60% Marks for candidates in their undergraduate programmes and in class X and XII. Maximum of 2 years of academic gap is permitted.
Academic Qualification : VIT MCA 2021
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of Minimum 3 Yrs duration in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level. Obtained at least 60% or Ist Class at the qualifying Examination.
Pattern of the Question Paper : VIT MCA 2021
The computer based test (CBT) objective question Paper consists of 100 questions with a maximum of 100 marks among which 80 will be from the chosen technical subject and 20 will be from English communication. NO negative marks for wrong answers.
Syllabus : VIT MCA 2021
Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geo-metric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Calculus: Functions of single variable, limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms and L’Hos-pital rule, Maxima and minima, Taylor’s series, Fundamental and mean value-theorems of integral calculus, total derivatives, La-grange method of multipliers.
Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coeffi-cients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and conquer; Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths. Asymptotic analy-sis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds.
Probability: Probability theory, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, Skew-ness and Kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions.
Algebra and Complex Analysis: Algebra of matrices, rank and determinant of matrices, linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Matrix representation of linear transformations. Canonical forms, diagonal forms, triangular forms, Quadratic forms, reduction and classification of quadratic forms Analytic func-tions, Cauchy-Riemann equations. Contour integral, Cauchy’s theorem, Cauchy’s integral formula, Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues. Conformal mappings, Mobius transformations—Fourier series—harmonics.
Calculus and its Applications : Linear ordinary differential equations (ODEs), variation of parameters, Sturm-Liouville problem. Partial differential equations (PDEs) – Classification of second order PDEs, General solution of higher or-der PDEs with constant coefficients, Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat and Wave equations. Transformation techniques—Laplace transformation—Fourier transforms—z—transformation to solve differential and difference equations.
Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations iteration methods and Newton—Raphson method, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods-Numerical differentiation and integration, Numerical solutions of ODEs and PDEs.
Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis: Sample space, discrete probability, independent events, Bayes theorem. Random variables and distribution functions (univariate and multivariate) – expectation and moments. Independ-ent random variables, marginal and conditional distributions. Characteristic functions. Standard discrete and con-tinuous univariate distributions. Correlation and simple and multiple linear regression. Test of hypotheses—Large and small sample tests confidence intervals. Chi-square test goodness of fit. Simple non parametric tests for one and two sample problems, rank correlation and test for independence. ANOVA.
Date Structures: Arrays, Stacks, Queues, linked Lists. Sorting techniques, Searching Techniques, Trees and Graph terminology and representation in memory, binary search tree, traversal techniques of graphs and Trees.
Computer Networks: Network models, Internet model, OSI model, Physical Layer – Analog and Digital Signals, Analog and Digital Transmission, Coding, Sampling. Data Link Layer – Error detection and correction, Data link control and Protocols, Stop and wait, Go-back-n, Selective repeat. Network Layer – Inter-networks, Addressing, unicast and multicast routing, Presentation Layer.
Programming in C: Data types, Declarations, Expressions, statements and symbolic constants, input-Output functions. Operators and expressions: Arithmetic, unary, logical, bit-wise, assignment and conditional operators. Control statements: While, do-while, for state-ments, nested loops, if else, switch, break, Continue, comma operators. Storage types: Automatic, external, register and static variables. Functions: Defining and accessing, passing arguments, Recursion.
Database Management Systems: DBMS architecture, Data models, data independence, E-R model, normalization, Relational Model: concepts, constraints, languages. Data storage, indexing, query processing, design and programming SQL.
Operating Systems: Process management, Process States, Process Control Block, Process and Threads, CPU Scheduling, Schedul-ing algorithm, Process Synchronization and Deadlock, Memory management, Virtual memory concepts paging and segmentation File organization, Blocking and buffering, file descriptor, File and Directory structures, I/O Devices.
Computer Architecture: Boolean algebra and computer arithmetic, flip-flops, design of combinational and sequential circuits, in-struction formats, addressing modes, interfacing peripheral devices, types of memory and their organization, interrupts and excep-tions. Von Neumann Computer, System Bus. Instruction Cycle, Data Representation, Machine instruction and Assembly Language.
ENGLISH COMMUNICATION (COMMON TO ALL SUBJECTS) 20 Questions
Subject – Verb Agreement
Articles and Preposition
Use of Conjunctions
2. Writing Technical Instructions
3. Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
5. Preparing Questionnaire
6. Proof Reading
Application Form : VIT
• Candidates can apply through online at www.vit.ac.in following the steps given.
• The applicants should also have their photo and signature ready to upload.
• The payment can be made online using net banking/ credit / debit cards / paytm.
• The filled in application may be downloaded and stored for future reference. NO NEED TO SEND THE FILLED-IN APPLICATION FORM / CERTIFICATES BY POST TO VIT.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE : VIT MCA 2021
- The applicants should apply online in the respective link provided in the website (www.vit.ac.in) by paying a nonrefundable application fee of Rs.1200/- (rupees thousand two hundred only) (Including GST).
- The applicants should register for VITMEE, a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centres.
- The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS will be send to the registered mobile number for online counselling.
- Short-listed Candidates will be asked to choose the preference of campus and branch. Selected candidates will have to pay an advance payment of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Candidates who fail to pay the advance before deadline, will not be considered for admission.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO CONDUCT OF COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
DATE : 5th and 6th June, 2021
TIME : 10.00 am – 12.00 noon & 02.30 pm – 04.30 pm
- Candidate is expected to arrive at the examination hall at least 1 hour before the start of examination, with Admit Card ( hard copy). If a candidate does not report on time, he/she is likely to miss the general instructions given in the Exam Hall.
- Candidate will not be permitted to enter into examination hall after 10:15 am / 2: 45 pm
- Candidate will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until 12 noon/ 4.30 pm, even if the exam were completed.
- Candidates are requested to keep the Admit Card safely with them and bring it during the Admission Process. Candidate should produce it on demand.
- A candidate who does not possess the admit card issued by VIT Institute shall not be permitted to attend VITMEE exam under any circumstances.
- Candidate is instructed to complete Registration process with the help of Hall Invigilators
- Candidate will be allotted a computer system by Hall Invigilator to attend the Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Candidate is not permitted to carry any text material (printed / written), slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with facility of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic devices. (Only non programmable scientific calculators are allowed).
- Candidate should bring a pencil or pen to carry out any rough calculations.
- Test will start exactly at the time specified in Admit Card and an announcement will be made by Hall Invigilator to start and stop the exam.
- During the exam process, the Hall Invigilator can request the admit card to verify the candidate.
- Under any circumstances the candidate may not be permitted to take an extra time, unless otherwise permitted by Center Superintendents.
- The Candidate will be permitted to attend a mock test(online) as mentioned in Admit Card / VIT web site. (Candidates are required to check the VIT web site for regular updates)
- Exam would comprise of multiple choice questions with question number appearing at the top center of computer screen and the time left for the exam to be completed.
- For each question, candidate has to select the right option using the mouse.
- Candidates will be allowed to change their answer any time during the exam duration.
Test Slot Booking Instructions :
1.VITMEE 2021 test slot booking is a web based online scheduling system.
2. Once the candidate submits the online application, the candidate will receive an e-mail (as per the id specified in the VITMEE- 2021 online application form) with a website link and the corresponding login credentials (user id & password)
3. Candidates are required to check the VIT website (www.vit.ac.in) on a regular basis for any important updates.
4. The online test slot booking will be opened during the last week of May 2021 and the exact date will be announced in VIT Website.
5. Candidates can then login to the link, choose from the available options on test schedule (date & time), test center and book the test slot.
6. The slot booking will be done on first-come- first serve basis, subject to the availability of slots / seats
7. A slot once booked cannot be changed. Requests for change of date, slot or test center will not be entertained under any circumstances.
8. In case of non availability of slots in a center of choice, the candidates may choose to book a slot in another center of his / her choice.
9. It is the responsibility ofthe candidatesto book their test schedule for VITMEE-2021 in the given time frame. VIT will not be held accountable for the non booking of test slot by the candidate.
10. A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the mail address of the candidate, who has booked his/her schedule through the VITMEE-2021 booking system
ADMIT CARD : VIT MCA 2021
- Admit cards can be downloaded from www.vit.ac.in. Admit Card will not be faxed or sent by post or e-mail personally.
- The candidates must not mutilate the Admit card or alter any entry made therein.
- The Admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The Admit card will contain your name,registration number, photograph, Signature, your postal address, slot, date of examination and also the address of your test centre, test schedule and set of instructions for the test.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit card once received. Any discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of the Director (PG Admissions). email@example.com or +91-416-220 2188.
- Applicants will not be permitted to write the test without a valid admit card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators at the test centre for verification.
- The candidates must sign the attendance sheet at the appropriate places at the test centre. The finger print of the candidate writing the examination will be recorded and later verified at the time of counselling.
- The Admit Card should be preserved and produced for verification at the time of Interview / admission.
- Candidates are not eligible for admission in case the applicant violates any instruction or involves unfair means in the examination hall.
Important Dates: VIT MCA 2021
Last date of Apply online
14th May 2021
Last date of Edit Application and Uploading of Documents
14th May 2021
Date of Slot Booking
28th, 29th & 30th May 2021
Date of VITMEE (CBT)
5th & 6th June 2021
Declaration of Result [VITMEE]
9th June 2021
Choice Preference Campus
18th, 19th, & 20th June 2021
23rd June 2021
Last Date to Pay Advance Fee
30th June 2021
Last Date to Pay Balance Fee
14th July 2021
Date of Orientation Programme
To be announced
For VIT MCA 2021 Apply Online, Click here
For Download Information Brochure, Click here
For Detailed Information, Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here