VIT Master's Entrance Examination (VITMEE – 2015)
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (VIT), VELLORE – MCA 2015
Admission for Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
DATE : 6th and 7th June, 2015 (COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)
TIME : 10.00 am – 12.00 noon & 02.30 pm – 04.30 pmEligibility : • Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks for MCA and 50% marks for M.Tech. degree programmes. • Consistent Record in X Std. and XII Std. is required (For MCA Programme) • Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply. • Candidates should have completed their final Semester / year exams before the selection interview at VIT University. • It is compulsory for candidates selected to produce their final year marks statement and Provisional degree certificate before August 15th, failing which, their admission will stand cancelled. Academic Qualification : Pattern of the Question Paper : The computer based test (CBT) objective question Paper consists of 100 questions with a maximum of 100 marks.NO nega-tive marks for wrong answers. Syllabus : GENERAL ENGLISH : Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics. Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing. MATHEMATICS : Algebra:arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations. Calculus:Functions of single variable, limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms and L'Hospital rule, Maxima and minima, Taylor's series, Fundamental and mean value-theorems of integral calculus, total derivatives, Lagrange meth-od of multipliers. Differential Equations:Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coeffi-cients, homogenous linear differential equations. Algorithms:Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and conquer; Connected components, Spanning paths. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds. Probability:Probability theory, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, Skewness and urtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal istributions. Date Structures:Arrays, Stacks, Queues, linked Lists. Sorting techniques, Searching Techniques, Trees and Graph terminology and p-resentation in memory, binary search tree, traversal techniques of graphs and Trees. Computer Networks:Network models, Internet model, OSI model, Physical Layer - Analog and Digital Signals, Analog and Digital Trans-mission, Coding, Sampling. Data Link Layer - Error detection and correction, Data link control and Protocols,Stop and wait, Go-back-n, Selective repeat. Network Layer - Inter-networks, Addressing, unicast and multicast routing, Presentation Layer. Programming in C:Data types, Declarations, Expressions, statements and symbolic constants, input-Output functions.Operators and expressions: Arithmetic, unary, logical, bit-wise, assignment and conditional operators. Control statements: While, do-while, for state-ments, nested loops, if else, switch, break, Continue, comma operators. Storage types: Automatic, external, register and static variables. Functions: Defining and accessing, passing uments, Recursion. Database Management Systems:DBMS architecture, Data models, data independence, E-R model, normalization,Relational Model: concepts, nstraints, languages. Data storage, indexing, query processing, design and programming SQL. Operating Systems:Process management, Process States, Process Control Block, Process and Threads, CPU Scheduling, Schedul-ing algorithm, Process Synchronization and Deadlock, Memory management, Virtual memory concepts paging and segmentation File organization, Blocking and buffering, file descriptor, File and Directory structures, I/O Devices. Computer Architecture:Boolean algebra and computer arithmetic, flip-flops, design of combinational and sequential circuits, instruction formats, addressing modes, interfacing peripheral devices, types of memory and their organization, interrupts and ex-ceptions. Von Neumann Computer, System Bus. Instruction Cycle, Data Representation, Machine instruction and Assembly Lan-guage. Application Form : • Candidates can apply through online at www.vit.ac.in following the steps given. • The applicants should also have their photo and signature ready to upload. Selection of Mode of Payment : • The payment can be either made by online using net banking/ credit/ debit cards. • In case the applicant prefers to pay by demand draft he/she should have it ready before start filling the application since the DD number and other details are required. THE APPLICATION SHOULD BE DOWNLOADED AND ENCLOSED WITH THE DD and should be sent to Director (PG Admission), VIT University, Vellore 632014. India on or before 27th April, 2015. VIT will not be responsible for any delay. • The filled in application may be downloaded and stored for future reference. NO NEED TO SEND THE APPLICATION/CERTIFICATES BY POST IF THE PAYMENT IS MADE BY ONLINE. ADMISSION PROCEDURE • The applicants should apply online in the respect link provided in the website (www.vit.ac.in) by paying a non-refundable application of Rs.950/- (Rupees Nine Hundred Fifty only). • The applicants should register for VITMEE for a Computer Based Objective test at indicated test centres. • The list of short-listed candidates will be published in the website or personal SMS to the registered mobile number for an interview/ counselling at Vellore/ Chennai. • Candidates selected will have to pay a deposit of Rs. 10,000/- towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non-Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the university. This amount should be paid by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore (only computerised DD will be accepted). Candidates who fail to pay the ad-vance at the Counselling will not be considered for Admission. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO CONDUCT OF COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
DATE : 6th and 7th June, 2015
- Candidate is expected to arrive at the examination hall at least 1 hour before the start of examination, with Admit Card ( hard copy). If the candidate does not report on time, they are likely to miss the general instructions given in Exam Hall.
- Candidate will not be permitted to enter into examination hall after 10:30am/3.00pm
- Candidate will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until 12 noon/4.30 pm, even though the exam had been completed.
- Candidates are requested to keep the Admit Card safely with them and bring it during the Admission Process. Candidate should produce it on demand.
- A candidate who does not possess the admit card issued by VIT Institute shall not be permitted to attend VITMEE ex-am under any circumstances.
- Candidate is instructed to complete Registration
- Process with the help of Hall Invigilators
- Candidate will be allotted a computer system by Hall Invigilator to attend the Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Candidate is not permitted to carry any text material (printed / written), calculators, slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with facility of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic devices.
- Candidate should bring a pencil or pen to carry out any rough calculations.
- During the exam process, the Hall Invigilator can request the admit card to verify the candidate.
- Under any circumstances the candidate may not be permitted to take an extra time, unless otherwise permitted by Center Superintendents.
- The Candidate will be permitted to attend a mock test (online) as mentioned in Admit Card / VIT web site.(Candidates are required to check the VIT web site for regular updates)
- Exam would comprise of multiple choice questions with question number appearing at the top center of computer screen and the time left for the exam to be completed.
- For each question, candidate will has to select the right option using the mouse.
- Candidates will be allowed to change their answer any time during the exam duration.
- VITMEE 2015 test slot booking is a web based online scheduling system.
- Once the candidate submits the online application, the candidate will receive an e-mail (as per the id specified in the VITMEE-2015 online application form) with a website link and the corresponding login credentials (user id & password)
- Candidates are required to check the VIT website (www.vit.ac.in) on a regular basis for any important updates.
- The online test slot booking will be opened during the last week of May 2015 and the exact date will be announced in VIT Web-site
- Candidates can then login to the link, choose from the available options on test schedule (date & time), test center and book the test slot.
- The slot booking will be done on first-come- first serve basis, subject to the availability of slots / seats
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Requests for change of date, slot or test center will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of non availability of slots in a center of choice, the candidates may choose to book a slot in another center of his / her choice.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to book their test schedule for VITMEE-2015 in the given time frame.VIT will not be held accountable for the non booking of test slot by the candidate.
- A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the e-mail address of the candidate, who has booked his/her schedule through the VITMEE- 2015 booking system.
- Admit cards can be downloaded from www.vit.ac.in/vitmee2015. Admit Card will not be faxed or sent by e-mail personally.
- The candidates must not mutilate the Admit card or alter any entry made therein.
- The Admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The Admit card will contain your name, registration number, photograph, your postal address, slot, date of examination and also the address of your test centre, test schedule and set of instructions for the test.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit card once received. Any discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of the Director (PG Admissions). firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-416-2204600.
- ApplicantsWill not be permitted to write the test without a valid admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators at the test centre for verification.
- The candidates must sign the attendance sheet at the appropriate places at the test centre. The finger print of the candidate writing the examination will be recorded and later verified during the counselling time.
- The Admit Card should be preserved and produced for verification at the time of Interview / admission.
- Candidates are not eligible for admission in case the applicant violates any instruction or involves unfair means in the ex-amination hall.
For Information Brochure, Click here
For Previous year Question Paper, Click here
For Detailed Information, Click here