VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY(VIT) , VELLORE – MCA 2014
Admission for Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.) 2014
Exam Schedule : 7th and 8th June, 2014
|Pattern of the Question Paper
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics. Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English G rammar (li ke usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.
Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
Calculus: Functions of single variable, limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms and L’Hospital rule, Maxima and minima, Taylor’s series, Newton’s method for finding roots of polynomials. Fundamental and mean value-theorems of integral calculus. Simpson’s rule, total derivatives, Lagrange method of multipliers, sequence and series, tests for convergence, power series, Fourier Series,
Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
Probability: Probability theory, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions.
Date Structures: Arrays, Stacks, Queues, linked Lists. Sorting techniques, Searching Techniques, Trees and Graph terminology and representation in memory, binary search tree, traversal techniques of graphs and Trees.
Computer Networks: Network models, Internet model, OSI model, Physical Layer, Analog and Digital Signals, Analog and Digital Transmission, Coding, Sampling. Data Link Layer, Error detection and correction, Data link control and Protocols, Stop and wait, Go-back-n, Selective repeat. Network Layer, Inter-networks, Addressing, unicast and multicast routing.
Principles of Programming: Data types, Declarations, Expressions, statements and symbolic constants, input-Output functions. Operators and expressions: Arithmetic, unary, logical, bit-wise, assignment and conditional operators. Control statements: While, do-while, for statements, nested loops, if else, switch, break, Continue, and goto statements, comma operators. Storage types: Automatic, external, register and static variables. Functions: Defining and accessing, passing arguments, Function prototypes, Recursion, Library functions, Static functions.
Database Management Systems: File organization techniques, database approach, data models, DBMS architecture; data independence, E-R model, relational data models, SQL, normalization and functional dependencies, RDBMS.
Operating System: Process management, Process States, Process Control Block, Process and Threads, Processor Scheduling, Scheduling algorithm, Deadlock, Memory management, Virtual memory concepts paging and segmentation File organization, Blocking and buffering, file descriptor, File and Directory structures, I/O Devices.
Computer Architecture: Boolean algebra and computer arithmetic, flip-flops, design of combinational and sequential circuits, instruction formats, addressing modes, interfacing peripheral devices, types of memory and their organization, interrupts and exceptions. Von Neumann Computer, System Bus. Instruction Cycle, Data Representation, Machine instruction and Assembly Language.
Application Form :
|Selection of Mode of payment
Steps to be followed, if application fee is paid through Demand Draft
|Test Slot booking instructions:
1. VITMEE 2014 test slot booking is a web based online scheduling system.
2. Once the candidate submits the online application, the candidate will receive an e-mail (as per the id specified in the VITMEE-2014 online application form) with a website link and the corresponding login credentials (user id & password)
3. Candidates are required to check the VIT website (www.vit.ac.in) on a regular basis for any important updates.
4. The online test slot booking will be opened during the last week of May 2014 and the exact date will be updated in VIT Website
5. Candidates can then login to the link, choose from the available options on test schedule (date & time), test center and book the test slot as per their choice.
6. The schedule booking will be done on first-come- first serve basis, subject to the availability of slots / seats
7. A slot once booked cannot be changed. Requests for change of date, slot or test center will not be entertained under any circumstance.
8. In case of non availability of slots in a center of choice, the candidates may choose to book a slot in an alternate center.
9. It is the responsibility of the candidate to book their test schedule in VITMEE-2014 in the given time frame. VIT will not be held accountable for the non booking of test slot by the candidate.
10. A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the e-mail address of the candidate, who has booked his/her schedule through the VITMEE- 2014 booking system.
Test Cities and Code:
For Information BrochureClick Here
For Online Application formClick Here
This Notification is taken from their respective website. JMA Indore is not responsible for the authenticity of the notification data. For any details students should contact Universities website and confirm.